Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home sweet home, San Francisco!



Ahh...it was great to be back home in San Francisco for the past few weeks. Happy catch up times with family and friends. It didn't feel like I was away for too long coming back; much things have been the same here. It has only been nine months, yet it did feel like a long time when I was in HK.


The weather was good most of the time I was back. Few rainy, foggy days. More sunny, warm days in mid-October, as we are near Halloween....it'll be wintery weather once Halloween passed.


Most importantly, I made sure I ate food that I couldn't have in Hong Kong! Peruvian food at La Mar: cau cau, a dish of seared scallops, clams, mussels and tiny potatoes in an aji amarillo and mint broth with caramelized onions risotto...

Macarons at La Boulange...the best I've had: Cessin violet and pistachio.


I definitely miss the vibe of local coffee shops...sigh...guess it'll be a search for coffee shops when I go back to Hong Kong.

And my Peet's coffee...

Anyhow, I know that I'll return to San Francisco soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails